Proposal | February | Alpenglow Stube | Keystone
At times when we are talking to guys about their proposal we throw in the idea of keeping things a little flexible so that you are not boxed in when things outside of your control change. Giovanni planned to propose to Grace on Sunday but the weather forecast was shaping up to be a little cloudy with a chance of snow. The implication of that is that the view would not be as good or could be non existent. We were able to move it up to day 1 of their trip on Friday. About 24 hours before there was a notification from the Alpenglow Stube that they were having an operational issue. We came to find out this meant that 3 of the cooks for the restaurant simultaneously quit their jobs. We looked at some other options in the surrounding area but in the end it was played up to be a surprise to find the doors locked. In the spirit of ‘making lemonade’ out of the supposed lemons they stepped out to see the view. We had rose petals at the spot but in this case due to all the snow had moved them a little further over as it was hard to shoot as hidden through the trees like we normally would. It was going to be a clear Yes as they had already booked a wedding venue but there were still tears and a lot of emotion candidly captured. As for the day it was a perfect blue bird sky day with nothing better that could have happened for them on the trip.
You can see more proposals here and read about how we do proposals on our engagement proposals page. If you like what you see here and are considering using this location here are some of the other shoots we have done at the Alpenglow Stube.