Our Couple | Adventurous
Our Ideal Couple has an Adventurous Side
In our Colorado Market in 2013 when we started this journey of more clearly defining our brand there were no uses ‘Adventurous’. As of 2020 we have found 23 people copying us often directly even in page layout and what we say. While copying in the most sincere form of flattery we would encourage you to not copy a brand but build your own unique brand. In following this trend what we notice is that those that copied us often give up after a while and we believe this is because copying another doesn’t create a quick win because you are not that person.
- Willing or eager to take risks or try out new methods, ideas, or experiences
- Full of excitement, spirited
Another Way to Say It (synonyms): venturesome, free-swinging, bold, daring, fearless, unafraid, gutsy, spunky
Applied to Our Photography
We love to work with couples that:
- Love Unique Experiences
- Enjoy Life
- Want to Go a Little Further for Photography
On your wedding day we don’t expect couples to be hiking up a mountain in 4 inch heels, ride a bike in a wedding dress, dancing in a snowy mountain field, or parachuting to the ceremony but we would hope you could get a good laugh out of the crazy ideas.
By Personal Example:
(Since we think it might be the best illustration of our adventurous side)
1. Loving Unique Experiences
Here are a few things as photographers we would get a little excited about because of their being a little unique.
- Hiking up a mountain side to shoot a wedding or engagement.
- Bringing our snowshoes into the mountains for a winter wedding so that we don’t sink in the 4 foot of powder.
- Shooting an engagement session while skiing or snowboarding down a mountain.
- Traveling to some exotic place to just be different.
2. Enjoying Life
Perhaps the best way to show how we enjoy life in Colorado is through our varied recreations.
- For JOE: Mountaineering in Summer / Winter, Road Biking, Mountain Biking, Skiing, Snowboarding, Off Roading, Hiking, Snowshoeing, Running, Camping.
- For ROBIN: Running, Road Biking, Mountaineering, Hiking, Snowboarding, Going Running again because Bokeh (Our Dog) thought 6 miles wasn’t enough.
Adventurous shouldn’t equate to dangerous. Having had two experiences of others needing flight for life rescue (COMPLETELY UNRELATED to a wedding, an engagement, or anything to do with photography) we believe in enjoying life while not doing anything that could cause harm. In reality, the wedding party will not be jumping out of a plane to parachute to the ceremony, using crampons and an ice axe to reach the ceremony location, or requiring a helicopter delivery of all the wedding guests. Our belief however is that a couple should have fun on their wedding day, do something that uniquely expresses who they are, and above all enjoy life!